Glen Mary Plantation - 1848
Elaborate, custom plaster cornices, medallions, and moldings now grace the ceilings of the entire second floor of historic Glen Mary Plantation. Landmark Preservation was tasked with the installation and finishing of all of this ornamental plaster, and with the coordination of the design team required to bring this ambitious project to completion.
This project gave us the privilege of working with incredibly skilled designers to bring the client’s vision to reality. Architect Charles Phillips created the overall plan for the decorative work, while talented sculptor Chris Smith; master artisan David Flaherty; and Landmark Preservation’s own craftsmen carved and cast the extensive ornamental elements. Our responsibilities included:
Coordination of design team
Removal of non-historic drywall
Installation of flatwork plaster
Fabrication of running molding
Hand-rendering of concepts
Complete installation of all plaster elements
Gilding of decorative plaster in Dining Room
Exceptional craftsmanship and a close working relationship with the client have resulted in Glen Mary Plantation being home to some of the most beautiful ornamental plaster in the southeast.